2 extra large foil roasting pans
1 bag of Shantelyn Treasure Dust Mixture (any variety)
1 cup (240 ml) of butter or margarine.
Any type of cereals, crackers, chips, pretzels, nuts, etc.
(Ingredients NOT included with mixture purchase!)
(See Treasure Mix Suggestions page for ideas!)
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2) Fill one roasting pan three-quarters full, with snack foods. Mix and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, on high heat, melt (1 cup) butter or margarine, until you see tiny bubbles. Then, add 1 bag of Shantelyn Treasure Dust Mixture. Stir to combine. (Notice oil layer on top)
4) When the mixture starts boiling and the oil layer disappears from the top, turn heat off.
5) Ladle mixture all over the top of the dry ingredients in the roasting pan and gently stir to coat.
6) Divide the mix evenly into the two roasting pans and spread out into an even layer.
7) Bake at 250 degrees for 95 minutes, stirring every 25 minutes.
8) When pieces are medium to dark brown and the pieces are separated. Remove from oven, stir and cool before packing. Store in an airtight jar for up to 3 months.
(NOTE: Oven temperatures and times may vary.)